eClips - Full Page
eClips - Full Page feeds are used by media monitoring agencies as a faster alternative to direct scanning and a more cost effective option compared to article level eClips. The NLA has been able to expand the eClips database rapidly by providing access to page PDFs and page level XML. eClips Full Page now covers over 850 publications from 10 regional newspaper publishers.
How it works
1. Publishers provide the NLA with page PDFs for all* of their print titles in advance of publication
2. NLA uses text extraction software to extract all text on every page-PDF
3. NLA makes the page PDFs and page XML available to licensed media monitoring agencies via FTP from 10pm the night before publication
4. Media monitoring agencies process the page XML to identify relevant articles and clip-on-demand from the page PDF
5. Media monitoring agencies make this content available to users from 4am on the day of publication
*Excludes titles already available via eClips - Article service
There are currently 550 full editions and 300 changed pages titles available from 10 publishers including Johnston Press, Newsquest, Trinity Mirror and MEN, Archant, Local World, - Northcliffe and Illiffe, - Tindle, Scottish Provincial Press, NWN, and Clyde & Forth.
A List of Titles is available in the eClips - Full Page Service Documentation area.
Please contact the NLA media access Client Services team for more information on 0207 332 9380 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.