Last July, NLA media access launched an upgrade to ClipShare, the editorial database for newspaper journalists, with exciting new features including web content, a more dynamic search function, and a fresh design. For more detail on the changes that took place, please take look at our website www.nlamediaaccess.com/clipshare.
Since then, the NLA ClipShare team has been busy listening to users who have provided valuable feedback on the new ClipShare. As a result, we can announce the development of several further improvements including:
• Users can now see their search terms highlighted within the article they are viewing
• Making it easier for users to run searches across all national newspaper titles, without needing to click on each one individually
• Making it easier for users to move between pages of results using the page numbers at the bottom of the search results page
• For those users who have access to first editions, we have made it clearer which publication date is being viewed on the first editions home page
• When viewing search results, it is now clearer which articles and pages appeared in which edition of the paper
These changes were prioritised thanks to dialogue with our users, who rely on the database to search through news content daily.
We will continue to improve ClipShare in future, working hard to make it as easy to use and intuitive as possible. In the meantime, if you experience any hitches please take a look at the ClipShare user guide for helpful tips and guidance. Alternatively, you can always contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us at @NLA_Ltd